Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blogging?? what a crummy idea

Weight: 271

I'm pretty disgusted, I have to say. Three weeks into it, and 3 lbs.... what happened to losing tons of weight the first few weeks? When I started this blog, evidently it was a shot of inspiration for my friend and co-worker Jen, and she started a day after I did, and she's lost 11.5 lbs in 3 weeks!! Wow! Now she's doing something that I'm not, obviously.

She's following Weight Watchers... I was trying to count calories, but sometimes its hard to count calories-- like at Mexican restaurants, ya know? And at other times, I just don't wanna count them at all... Like when I want ice cream, ya with me? :-)

So, that is why Jen's lost 11.5 and I've lost 3. But, while I could just give up and go bury my face in a big bowl of ice cream, I'm not going to. Why? Well, because of this blog. Regardless of whether anyone reads it or not, it does seem to offer some sort of accountability for me. "I can't let my blog down".... I don't know. Nonetheless, I'm going to keep going.

And, guess what? I'm pretty sure that I'm going to join Weight Watchers. I have joined once or twice before-- many years ago, and never followed it. I think its because I'm a hopeless emotional eater. Whatever the reason, I guess I shall try it and see if I can have the same success that Jen has had.

Jen has already helped me figure out my points and I have borrowed her little points calculator, so I'm off and running. For my weight and height and age I get 40 points a day. So far I've eaten 27 of them.... I would have only had 24, but I just dumped 1/4 cup of shredded cheese down the hatch... What's with this??

Why does it feel so good to eat? Hurts so good...hey, someone should write a song about that, lol. I don't know why I'm such an emotional eater. The last two nights after work were very hard. One night I did okay, and last night I had a tiny piece of birthday cake and vegan ice cream (they were having a party where I picked up my boys), and so therefore, rather than being content that I blew it a little, I came home and ate a plate of nachos....

I'm confident that not even Weight Watchers can heal the inner part of me that longs for food for comfort. But, Weight Watchers is a tool that can help me learn normal portions. I'm pretty whacked out when it comes to my concept of normal. And for the emotional portion of my life.... well, I'll have to keep working on that too. Which makes me think I should start a separate blog on spiritual issues.... I do think I'll look up my old friends at Overeaters Anonymous when I get back to Chattanooga.

Meanwhile, its upward and onward. Its 3:15 and I still have 13 points left for the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment