Tuesday, March 15, 2011

blah

I went from 271.5 on Thursday to 272.5 today.... So that is what I get for eating at my mother-in-law's and also at the Mexican restaurant and such... Oh why was I born with a curse of loving to eat? I had to laugh at Glenn Beck this morning on the radio. Not that I'm an ardent follower of him, but today I was listening while driving to the dentist. Glenn has been on an all raw vegan diet for some time now, and he hates it. He said that if he was God, he would make ice cream healthy, and he would make candy-bars be vitamins... I had to agree, I found it an appealing idea. Of course the life expectancy would be nil, and Glenn admitted that too. But hey, you can't have it all. LOL.

So here I am today on Tuesday, feeling blah about life in general. My heart is with those in Japan and I almost feel guilty for moving on with my day to day life when their world has fallen apart. And I always have down days when I first come back from Chattanooga. I miss Tony and I do not, absolutely do not like living apart. So its always a day or two for me to get back in the swing of things up here without him. I actually look forward to going to work tomorrow.

I'm under 1800 calories, right at about 1200 for the day so far. Here's what I've had so far:
2 cups cooked Barley (yummy) 400 cal
1 cup soy milk on it 100

2 little Cottage cheese snack things 200
1 bagel 190
1 Tbs PB 100

Am I forgetting something? Hmm.. Maybe I'm only at 1,000. that would be great. Maybe I will eat some of the spaghetti I made for the boys... I know that I can eat 1800 a day and lose weight. I haven't exercised and I need to be better about that. Its hard to go outside and walk when its raining and nasty out.
For dinner: salad with lots of fresh greens, and spaghetti. 1 cup of cooked spaghetti is 200 cal. What a pain to squish those long noodles into a measuring cup, but I WILL DO IT!!! Because I'm very demented when it comes to appropriate portion sizes. I know that measuring food will be a secret to any success that might come my way.

Learning to not eat at night is going to take some time. Not so much tonight, because I'll eat here in a few minutes and will be fine later. But the days I work, I'm so tired and stressy and starving at 8pm, and its going to be tough to not pig out. I did however, load up on some yogurts and fruit today, and will have those ready tomorrow evening after work.

I hope I'm a pound lighter in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment