Monday, March 14, 2011

The Wagon-- falling off and getting back on....

Well, I just finished a really nice 4 days in Chattanooga with Tony. However, there is one small glitch. Tony is staying with his parents until we secure housing and move down there, so I was inundated with good ole fashioned cooking by my mother in law all weekend...

There were a couple of high points though. First of all, two houses that we were planning to look at on Friday fell thru, due to one having a contract on it, and the other decided not to show the house... I was so down and despairing and sure we would be homeless, that I wanted to stop by Brusters and drown my sorrow in a big bowl of ice cream. But, the good news is, I didn't!! I drove right by, and talked to myself, reminding myself that the ice cream wouldn't take away my sadness, and wouldn't change the fact that we couldn't get those homes... It just would add calories to my day. I was proud of that positive action. Thank God!

Overall, I didn't eat perfectly. I didn't count calories, because how do you know how many calories are in the meals at a mexican restaurant?? I mean really. So I did fall off the wagon. We celebrated Tony's 51st birthday at our dear friend Lauri's house, and boy can she serve the meals!! Steak, chicken, baked potatoes, fresh green salad, bread, and carrot cake and chocolate brownies. It was wonderful, and again-- I didn't think about the calories... Thanks Lauri!

Today I woke up and ate 300 calories of cottage cheese and am off and running again. I dread the scale tomorrow, but I suppose that life is a journey and I need to learn that there are good days and bad days... I mean geesh-- if it were easy for me to be self disciplined and eat perfectly, I would have lost this weight years and years ago.

I'm tossing around the idea of Weight Watchers, but right now I think I'm ok with staying under 1800 calories a day.

On two separate notes-- we have found another house. We have yet to look inside. but we love the area and the yard, and the pictures... Tony will see it this week and I hope to see it next weekend when we go back down.

And finally, my heart is ever with the people of Japan. I can't imagine what they are going through. I can't help but believe that this catastrophe is just another sign that Jesus is coming soon. Lord, help me to keep my priorities straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment