Monday, March 7, 2011

And so it begins....

Monday, March 7, 2011
Weight: 274

Wow. I did it. I actually published my weight on the internet for any who care to read my blog, to see.... Yikes... the thought is that perhaps blogging my daily journey will provide a healthy dose of accountability for me. We shall see.

Why now? In the last 18 months, I have returned to college and completed my BS in Nursing, and then for over 2 months I put my nose in a book and studied for my critical care certification. Having achieved that goal last week, I'm proud and thankful to be an RN, BSN, CCRN.... But then I was realizing-- if only I felt as energetic as that title sounds.... Could I, Debbie Fine, apply the same focus, committment and discipline that I applied mentally, towards healthy eating and weight loss for the next 18 months?

And so, with the thought that I would begin today, of course, I had to have the "last supper" last night... I went to McDonalds, of course.... An Angus burger, large frie, and a caramel mocha since it was so cold outside... Funny thing is, I had never ordered an Angus burger before, so I was angry to find out it came with mayonnaise, which I despise... But of course, I managed to eat it anyways...

I slept like terribly, in fact couldn't sleep from 12:30-2:30 (most likely from the caffeine in the mocha) and developed a pounding frontal headache and a rather upset stomach... Geesh... So much for my big wonderful last day of eating crap food....

So this morning, I woke up, made a cup of berry-flavored green tea, and ate a yellow, golden delicious apple right before I took the boys to school. I even wrote it down in my new little food journal that I purchased for this venture....
Green Tea---- 0 cals
Apple--------100 cals

And then, with the remnants of the headache and upset stomach still on board, I promptly threw up on the way to school with the boys... As my son was yelling "open the door and throw up outside", I was yelling back, "I'm not gonna throw up in someone's yard" in between wretches.... As a woman who always has a cluttered car, I was able to quickly find an empty tupperware bowl and was able to throw up in that.

So my question is---- can I subtract those 100 calories from the apple, since I threw it up??

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! ....maybe you can split the difference! I commend your efforts:) I am eager to discover the secrets to losing 100 pounds, and if you figure it out, I will be right behind you!! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete