Saturday, April 2, 2011

Coffee and Donuts

I didn't weigh today, so can't post the weight. Sorry!

However, after just 2 days of counting points, I saw 269.2 on the scale, which was just 2 days after seeing 271, so that made me happy. I've officially joined Weight Watchers, and am enjoying counting the points. Its like a game for me.

So yesterday I was having this awesome day at work... Fiber One cereal and skim milk and blackberries for breakfast about 8:30am for 6 points! And then a Fiber One snack bar at 11:45 for a snack and 3 points... (and yes, my digestive track is flowing! LOL).... At 2:00pm I had Subway for lunch-- and the baked chips and a yogurt-- for 15 points... so I'm cruising along at about 24 points and the day is more than half over. Go me!!! Right?

So I saunter out of the break room feeling happy, satisfied and content. I walk back into the nurses' station, and what to my wondering eyes did appear, but 2 boxes of DONUTS!!! I was angry!! And I was also salivating. The one box was glazed, and honestly those don't bother me. But the other box was chocolate covered, and oh my.... oh my, indeed.

My first thought was to have just 1. Count the points and it would be fine. So I would just starve the rest of the day.... But for all those out there who, like me, are sugar ADDICTS, the next thought was "Deb, if you have 1 donut, you'll want several more. One is too many because 1,000 are never enough".... Now that is the voice of truth. For an addict, anyways.

But, being of the rebellious nature that I am at times, I decided to have 1, rather than fight the urge and be obsessed about it all afternoon. One.... oh yummy! Delectable.... melts in your mouth.... Two.... I really shouldn't, but its sooo good and it just goes down so smoothly!.... No, don't do it. Don't eat a 3rd.... Please.... Too late. THREE donuts!! Thankfully something kicked into my brain after the 3rd one and I knew that was ENOUGH!! (probably the impending nausea triggered my brain to stop.)

Well, I tried to laugh it off, and say, "Oh well! I just used my extra weekly bonus points, so its ok!" Leave it to my dear co-worker Tonya to say, "you're gonna have to blog about this!" Oh shoot! The blog. the stupid blog. Why, of course. I'm gonna have to blog about the donut binge. So here you have it.

I'm back on track. I didn't eat any more food except for a fiber bar last night about 8pm with a quart of water, just to prevent a midnight hunger attack....

At the moment I'm up drinking coffee with some creamer and I've counted the 3 points (I used a lot of creamer, lol). Its a new day and I'm ready to continue on.

I can tell this won't be a fast weight loss. I do however hope that it will continue and that I will continue the journey, knowing I'll have days like yesterday. But- I would hope that I have learned the lesson yet again, that there are some foods that I'm just NOT safe around. Like chocolate covered donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment