Thursday, April 21, 2011

one day at a time, I suppose

267.0

On a positive note, I am thankful for 7 lbs off since I started this blog, (even tho I wish it was alot more). I need to be thankful the good and the not so good. I am, however, becoming more convicted to get rid of the junk and highly processed foods in our house. Like this morning. I steamed brown rice, and had a tossed salad all ready to eat.... And what did I do?? I ATE A BOWL OF CINAMON TOAST CRUNCH!!!!! I'm such an addict!! Good grief. If its not good for me, then its obviously not good for my boys either... Just wait til I serve them brown rice and salad at their next meal. They'll die. No, actually, they'll be much healthier!

I drank alot of water yesterday. And ate mostly raw fruits and veggies... I know that is the secret, and atleast I was down a pound today. Still want to really lose 10-15 lbs to feel like I'm well on my way. But I need to remember-- one day at a time. Someone once said the joy is in the journey, not the destination... does that apply to weight loss? lol

I wanted to post today because I'll be in Tennessee for the next 4 days... Well, make that Georgia. ha. Yes, today at 4pm my husband is closing on our new house in Cohutta, GA. Its really just across the state line. Barely into Georgia at all, less than 1/2 mile in. But far enough in to say we live in Georgia. I'm gonna be a real southern belle....

Anyways, I will weigh again on Tuesday. My hope for these next few days is to walk each day, and drink 3-4 quarts of water and to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegies. I'm really trying the vegan thing. Its my true goal, but I'm so weak! I'm hopelessly in love with sugar, junk food, and meat and cheese. And ice cream. Lets not forget that!

So, its onward and upward... Er, uh, I mean "downward"... yes, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment