Friday, April 8, 2011

Success!!

265.3 lbs

Wow! This Weight Watchers really truly works!! I've been counting my points for 11 days and I've lost 5.7 lbs!!!! yeah! So, I suppose I ought to stick with it and keep counting these points. (8.7 lbs total since March 7 when I started blogging)

I don't really feel very philosophical or have anything noteworthy to write about.

Spent today in the ER this afternoon with my Jason, but he is fine now and happily off playing again. He fell and hit his head in the gym and it knocked out the right field of vision for over an hour. So I was a bit concerned about that.

Anyways, all's well that ends well. He has a concussion but his vision is now fine. And I'm riding a pretty decent high from the scales this morning. I am hoping that I'll see 255 by the time I start my new job on May 3. So that is my new goal. Everyone will see me and think I'm obese, and yet I'll be feeling "skinny" and energetic and confident, knowing I will have lost 19 lbs!!

For some perspective, I have weighed over 260 since the year Jason was born. I did dip down to 242 in 2002 from following a vegan diet and exercising, but promptly put it all back on after a couple months. I think its safe to say that I have been between 262 and 283 for the last 7 years. So breaking the 260 mark will be a real milestone for me.

I continue to struggle most at 8pm at night after a long day's work. Hopefully my new job will alleviate that issue. I'll be able to come home and we can eat a healthy low-fat dinner together as a family. I'm looking forward to that aspect of my new job. Having normal hours.

Well, its 4:45pm and I have 10 points left for the day. All is well and its all gonna be good. Also want to give a shout-out to my friends Lauri and Jen who have lost way more than me on Weight Watchers as well! Go us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment