Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Firing up the blog again

Weight: 251.7

I've decided to activate the blog again, thinking Facebook perhaps isn't the place to share all my exercise musings and updates. This way, those who want to follow along can do so, and those who aren't interested can move along. :-)
I'm going to post my weight here because I think it's another way to stay accountable. A year ago I was 274ish. So I'm pleased overall. However on January 1 this year I was 269, so my average of weight loss per month is crummy. Nowhere near 8-10 lbs a month like you always hear about.  However, it is working, slowly but surely. So complain I won't!
     Finally, I have thought about changing the name of my blog to something more catchy. Something about exercise or triathlon, etc. ultimately I decided to just leave it as it is. Because really, for me, no matter if I am a runner or a triathlete, at the end of the day, every day, it's about the food. I can't compete with what I eat. 44 years of comfort eating of sugary foods is a hard habit to break. And while I don't necessarily want to find my identity in the number on the scale, I do want to be accountable and work towards healthy food choices that will get my BMI down to a normal range.

So, today I'm off to my personal trainer, then a 5-6 mile run/walk, then clinicals in the ER later this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment