Sunday, March 11, 2012

Green Smoothies and Chia Seeds

Good Sunday morning! I have learned during the last 2 months that my weight goes up when I work my 2-3 night shifts. I think, besides the temptation to eat to stay awake at 4am, that it simply messes with my metabolism to be awake all night and sleeping all day. So, rather than be discouraged, I just don't weigh during my 3 nights that I work.

So now I'm off for the next 4 days, yeah!

This morning I'm drinking a large green smoothie. It consists of orange juice, fresh pineapple, frozen bananas, fresh kale, and chia seeds.

As for exercise- I discovered something the other day. We live at the top of a rather long, steep hill. The other day I wondered if walking up and down the hill 4-5 times (it took 30 minutes to do), would be the same as walking on a 8% incline on the treadmill at the gym. Oh my goodness! Walking up and down that hill several times was obviously much better than the incline, because I've had sore muscles from my calves to my hips ever since that day. So-- I'm going to do the same today.

No comments:

Post a Comment