Saturday, October 4, 2014

Ironman Chattanooga 2014 & 2015

Wow there is so much to update about! The best two things I've experienced recently are: becoming sugar and flour free, and the Little Debbie Ironman Chattanooga. I'll blog about the sugar free thing in a separate post. 
   Volunteering and spectating the Ironman triathlon was an amazing experience. It was also very inspiring. Watching those athletes cross the finish line after 13-16.5 hours of swimming, biking and running was amazing. Congrats to all the triathletes who trained hard all year and crossed the finish line.

So. What would be perhaps the dumbest and illogical thing to do 2 days after such an emotional and inspiring day? Why, sign up for the 2015 Ironman, of course. So now I'm invested. Ironman isn't cheap. I am really invested! But, my boys and husband are supportive and I have a few good friends who are going to train with me, as well as coaches lined up. I can toe the start like next September 27 only if I work out harder this year than I ever have. My only hope of finishing by midnight is if I lose a LOT of weight, and build tons if endurance and some speed as well. 
    One day at a time, my journey to Ironman has commenced.




No comments:

Post a Comment