Monday, April 30, 2012

Juice on!



Last August I did a 10 day juice fast, and felt really wonderful, and lost about 8 lbs. Well, since then as I've gained it all back, plus some, and have returned to the standard American diet, I occasionally still make a green smoothie or some juice. For the last week I've been juicing once a day. But today I joined a group of friends on facebook and have stepped it up to 100% juicing and blending for the week.

So far so good. I made a green smoothie this morning consisting of : Collard greens, bananas and and orange. There was enough that I had it for breakfast and for lunch. I've also drank alot of water today. I'm getting ready to go make some juice soon.  I'm really really tired tho, and I wonder if its because I'm starving, or because of the lack of caffeine, not sure. At any rate, I haven't felt well lately, so I'm commiting to this juice fast this week to see if it helps boost my energy levels. I also know the importance of walking, and will be going for a walk later this evening.

I will post my weight soon. Two weeks ago I was 272, so I hope I'm well below that by now. I have this love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with the scale, and I dread weighing more than anything else.

For more info on juicing, please watch the documentary, "Fat, sick and nearly dead".

No comments:

Post a Comment